Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Traveling Alone to Bukchon Hanok Village in Winter

My last day in Seoul for my winter trip. Miss Han is having her Chinese Culture class today so she can’t accompany me to Bukchon Village. So, I decided to travel alone which I don’t mind to do so.

Bukchon Hanok Village is home to hundreds of traditional houses called 'hanok' that date back to the Joseon Dynasty. It’s a place that a MUST to go for anyone who appreciate and enjoy South Korean culture. After a little bit of exploration “Lost and Asking Session” I arrived at Bukchon Hanok Village area. Following a group of Japanese tourist to explore this area is the best decision I made, coz at least I have someone to take my picture..hahaha …


The Traditional House - Hanok with jars for Kimchi


What to do:
1. Get a map of Bukchon Village from Touris counter and find 8 spots to take pictures. Easy right? coz this spot is a guarantee spot to capture the most beautiful sceneray of Bukchon Village.
2. Visit the school area where Winter Sonata drama have a shoot here.







Me infront the gate - picture taken by japenese tourist



This is what happened when you travel alone - Selca!!




3. Visit galleries and having your tea
4. Or if you want to stay a night inside the Hanok house, just check in yourself in one of the guest house with Hanok style here.

How to get there:
Anguk Station (Line 3), Exit 2.
Go straight for about 300m to arrive at Bukchon Hanok Village.

No comments: