Friday, December 15, 2006

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon




I loved this drama so muchhh......coz it give real life feeling. Banyak scene dalam drama ini dan skrip yg diolah dengan baik juga meninggalkan ingatan yg baik selepas habis menontonnya.

Synopsis:
My Name Is Kim Sam-soon" was embraced by Korean women from all walks of life who ponder the meaning of life.What made this drama stand out so much from all others? The main character Sam Soon can relate to most women's situations here, and the actress Kim Sun Ah playing her is not stick thin either.

The drama started with 29-year-old Sam Soon catching her boyfriend having an affair at a hotel. She ends up crying her eyes out in the men's bathroom. A man walks in on her and without a stitch of sympathy accuses her of being a pervert.

This mystery man, Jin Hoon, the male lead of the drama, comes from a rich family and owns a French restaurant, which is where Sam Soon applies for her job to bake cakes. Although the job interview doesn't go according to plan (she throws her taster cake in Jin Hoon's face) she still lands the job. Sam Soon begins making cakes and chocolates that are filled with love, sorrow and tears -- a symbol of everything going on in her life.

After her shocking break up she feels empty, and turning to food, puts on an extra 7 kilograms. She says, "I'm not crying because of him. I'm crying because of love. I knew that love could be nothing even if it was totally mine.Living as a spinster in Korea increases the burden that older women have to carry in society. However, she doesn't try to hide her anxieties and eccentricities. She remains true to herself.

Much to our surprise, Sam Soon falls in love again -- with Jin Hoon. The two characters build a love-hate relationship, representing the typical Korean couple. The rest, as they say, was history.

My favourite scenes:

1. Bila Kim Sam Soon dalam bas, menangis kerana dia rasa yang dia masih cintakan ex dia.
"I didn't realize how ridiculous his promises were to me then.If he didn't make them, I might be feeling better now.Even though I knew it was a lie. I hate myself for believing his lies.Looking at his heartless eyes, I hate myself for yearning for him.And I hate my self reproaching. Losing love is like losing your self respect".

2. Bila semua pekerja restoran yg perempuan berkumpul di kedai selepas keluar dari pub and Captain Jang going through the reasons why there are no men out there.
No 1 Nice men...are ugly
No 2 Good looking men...are jerks
No 3 Good looking and nice men...are married
No 4 Good looking, nice and unmarried men...are useless
No 5 Good looking, nice, unmarried and rich men...are not interested in us
No 6 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us.... are flirts
No 7 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us and faithful...are gay
No 8 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us and faithful and heterosexual and would not lose interest in us even if we are the one who make the first moves...these men must be crazy!

3. Bila Sam Soon bersedih selepas tahu yang Jin Hoon cintakan ex-girlfriend dia.
Sam Soon sees her father and laments to him about her yet again failed relationship"I thought I wouldn't cry over a man again. I thought I wouldn't have to do this after I turned 30. I wouldn't feel my heart skip a beat, or stay up all night to wait for a call, do you know how tiring that is? I just want to find a man who likes me, and not break my heart; I just want to lead a simple life,that's all. What is going on, I feel this chill. I am falling for a man again. If only if my heart is a little stronger dad, I wish my heart as hard as a stone so I don’t feel hurt."

4. Bila dia berangan yg dia pandai menari and try to seduce Jin Hoon but at the end..hahah..

5. When Jin Hoon sleeps on Sam Soon stomach as a pillow

and many more..just too fun to watch it ..jin hoon is soooooooo cute!!!! OST pun besttttt

No comments: