Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom (The Flower)

The last visit from our dearest Korean friend, Miss Han to Malaysia bring with her another precious gift from Korea, a famous short story book for both us (Thanks Miss Han). “When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom” is a best known story which being translated to 6 different languages.

Never heard about Buckwheat flower before till what i've been told by Miss Han, eagerly me surf the net and found the picture of the flower. Now, I can imagine when the author describe about this flower in his writing “The mountainside is interspersed with buckwheat gardens. The flowers that are beginning to bloom look just like sprinkled salt. This picturesque landscape spread in the soft moonlight takes my breath away”. Huhuhh…and i’m now imagining myself to be in the place of Ho Saengwon, walking on furrows between buckwheat gardens, as if white cotton-like clouds were spread out like a blanket under a bright moonlight with the sound of the wind. It marks another reasons in my proposal paper “why I need to visit Korea again”. Heheeh (big grin).


The story….yups about the story…I will blog again about it later …. now, i just want to dream about the sea of white flower while strolling around under the full moon with my beloved honey bunny

No comments: